17.4.11

The Makers




"I am lucky to live in Brooklyn, New York. It’s a place full of energy and creative spirit; located close enough to the lights and frenetic energy of Manhattan to have a big city feel, yet far away enough to give a sense of space and small town community. In this hectic, industrialized modern world, I am constantly seeking handmade and artisan-produced products. I love discovering people who embrace a more tactile way of living, so I decided to start photographing them. When my project began, I knew I was photographing people who make things, but I soon realized I was also photographing people who make things happen. As the project evolves, so does the adventure and pleasure of documenting the people behind the products: to learn what inspires them, what keeps them going, and their thoughts on the city where they live and work. I hope you enjoy it!"

Jennifer Causey sobre o seu projecto fotográfico - The Makers.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário